The Ivanhoe Darebin Basketball Association (IDBA) provides playing opportunities for junior and senior basketballers in Melbourne’s northern suburbs. Our junior championship teams are known as the Ivanhoe Darebin Knights.
We welcome junior basketball players of all abilities:
- junior championship—(Rep program)—the most competitive players have the opportunity to play in girls and boys representative teams in the Victorian Junior Basketball League (VJBL) on Friday evenings
- junior domestic—those still developing their skills and those playing primarily for fitness and fun can join one of our domestic member clubs
Our affiliated junior domestic clubs participate in different competitions:
- Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) and
- Whittlesea City Basketball Association (WCBA)
We encourage our players in the junior domestic teams to strive to take their skills to a higher level by trying out for the junior championship program.
Our association currently runs two senior domestic competitions:
- Monday night men’s competition, and
- Sunday night mixed competition.
These competitions are run at our home venue, the Darebin Community Sports Stadium, 857 Plenty Road, Reservoir.
The IDBA is also an accredited for running the Aussie Hoops program, an entry-level skills development program for kids aged 5-10 years. We run the program at the Darebin Community Sports Stadium.
The association was formed in 2016 as a result of an alliance between the Darebin Basketball Association and the Ivanhoe Knights Basketball Club.