Notice is given that a Special General Meeting of the Ivanhoe Darebin Basketball Association Inc.
will be held on:
Thursday 11th March 2021 at 7.30pm
Darebin Community Sports Stadium – 857 Plenty Rd, Reservoir
- Welcome and apologies.
- Motion: That the new IDBA constitution be accepted as submitted and adopted.
Voting at the Special General Meeting
Voting rights for Annual General Meetings and Special Meetings will be as follows:
Before the AGM or SGM, each Active Club shall appoint delegates as its representatives to vote on their behalf.
Voting Rights are:
(1) One (1) vote per club with up to and including 10 teams
(2) Two (2) votes per club with 11 up to 20 teams
(3) Three (3) votes per club over 20 teams. (Three votes is the maximum number of votes per club)
(4) One vote per Member of the current executive committee of the Association
(5) One vote per life member of the Association
(b) All of the above voting rights are based on that person or family or team being financial at the time of the AGM. Any un-financial member of the association shall have no voting powers.
(c) The president, or in his/her absence the Chairperson, shall not have a deliberative vote, but in the case of equality, has the casting vote.
(d) All voting, required to pass any resolution, shall be by the show of hands, unless a request for a secret ballot of a poll of members be made by the mover, the President or Chairperson.
Clubs with voting rights will need to advise the Secretary of the full name of their delegate at least 2 days prior to the SGM.